Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The start of me and you

The book "The start of me and you" is written by Emery Lord. This book is about a teenage girl name Paige who's boyfriend drowned. she's having a little trouble keeping it together because everywhere she goes someone always talking about him and she just gets annoyed. She's really into this guy name Ryan, she's been liking him for so long but he had a girlfriend. When ryan and his girlfriend finally broke they started talking a little more. Her parents had been divorced for a year. But she recently found out that they are back together and she's not to happy about that. "Happy? My disbelief shifted into growing anger that she'd sprung this in me now, after hiding it all the time. I couldn't already hear the gossip, ricocheting against the lockers and tarnishing what would have been my year, my fresh start. I would be demoted to an even weirder reputation: the girl who's divorced parents date each other." But people know her now as "The girl whose boyfriend drowned". Her parents were secretly dating for 4 months and Paige didn't know. Even though that my own parents are divorced i would want them to get back together because they were like her parents, they would always fight and "bring out the worse in each other". The book is from Paige point of view, and from what she sees, they were pretty bad together. But then again, I understand  them because they just need some time to think. In the text it said "Then you'd remember they were so unhappy together. When we were little, they hardly talked. They only fought. This shows that shows that it might go back to the samething through time. People can't change who they are. They might fight about the same things again. I think they should just try it out, and if it works then that's a good thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment