Monday, February 22, 2016

The start of me and you Blog #2

The book "The start of me and you" is written by Emery Lord. In my last blog about this book I have a summery about what I read. This blog is gonna be about what I read so far after that. Well before Paige (main character) used to like this guy name Ryan chase, but for the new year his cousin moved back to the neighborhood and went back to the school Ryan goes to. In the beginning of the year Paige mad a list with 5 things that she wanted to before she finished school. But when she decides she wants to do something new this school year she start quiz bowl. That's where she meats Ryan chase's cousin, Max. Through the months that's passed, she's gets close with him. And at Max's seventeen birthday party Paige realized that her strong absession for Ryan didn't let her see the strong feelings she had for max. But she doesn't know if he feels the same. After her boyfriends death the accured 2 years ago she srtill hasn't fully recovered. Since her boyfriend drowned she hasn't gone into a pool since then because she has nightmares of her drowning. Recently Max tries to help her and takes her to a pool. When she gets deeper she panics and sinks in, and max rescues her. She takes her anger out at max because she's mad at herself because of the fact that it's been 2 years and she's still afraid. On page 293 it's says , "I was mad that I was still so vulnerable after all this time. Mad that I let myself defined by one tragic accident. Mad that I slipped into the water, that my recently had been hapless flailing. It was a fall, not a jump. It should have been a jump. I owed myself that." I think she will get over it soon and with Max's help only. I think the theme of this book is that it's never to late for second chances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment